the… office… space
How many hours can a person stare at a computer screen each week and not go bonkers? I just may find out…..
A few thoughts on working in the office
1) Having three people working in a small room completely filled with stuff doesn’t make for a productive work environment
2) sitting at the same desk for 8 hours a day staring at the same computer screen for 8 hours a day and talking to other people for only about 30 minutes a day (and most of that on the phone) makes you want to scream
3) If I want to work outside at one of the tables or if I want to go down the street 2 blocks to the coffeeshop, where I know I can be much more productive, why shouldn’t I be able to?
4) eating lunch at your desk is depressing, I don’t care how busy you are
5) and finally… it has only taken me two days of 8-hours-a-day-working-alone-at-my-computer to realize that I am completely not cut out for this. thank goodness I am going to be with students a few hours every day in just a week… and extra thank goodness that I am going to be a youth minister after that, where I will be encouraged to get away from my computer and desk and actually go interact with humanity… whewww